Tuesday, November 5, 2013

End of October

So the day before Halloween me and my roommates decided to have a pumpkin carving party. I invited some people and so did Kyle.
 I carved a pokeball because my friend carved the triforce, which was what I was going to do.
 We had Ghost Busters playing while carving, so after we were all done we finished that. Our FHE group also came over and brought pumpkin pie, but they had to leave early.

On Halloween day I had volleyball practice from 4:30-6 and then I am doing basketball with Nic and Mack (only because they needed another person in order to have a team) and the game was at 6:15. Normally it wouldn't matter, bur for practice that day we scrimmaged a team, and our opposite was gone, so I played the whole time. So that, on top of playing basketball right after, meant that I was exhausted and didn't do anything on Halloween besides homework. But just to appease my mother I made my roommates dress up in our costumes and take a picture, we were the power rangers.
On Friday everyone besides Josh went to a Chinese restaurant, and then to Walmart to buy candy. That was a fun night and we got a lot of candy.


So in English we are writing a synthesis paper, which is just fancyness for a research paper, that has to be 2000 words that is due tomorrow. So we had many due dates since getting the assignment, so I was basically done. I just needed 171 more words, which is one paragraph. So on Monday there was no class, but you had the option to come in and get help from the teacher, I had no idea what my last paragraph should be, since my paper was done basically, so I went in. I told my teacher about my dilemma and so she read the paper to find out a place to put another paragraph. She finished and said "your paper is pretty dang perfect and I wouldn't put another paragraph in because it is just like opening another can of worms. I am not going to count every word so if you just make your conclusion better (I am horrible at conclusions) then you should be good." She then told me some tips on writing my conclusion and that was it. I was super happy because she said my paper was perfect and that I was amazing at blending my quotes and that stuff. She also laughed while reading (I always try to add a little humor) and liked my examples. So needless to say I was super excited as I walked home.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on your paper! Sounds like halloween was busy, but fun. I did absolutely nothing for halloween--no pumpkin carving, trick-or-treating, dressing up, or any of that fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy but fun week. We went to WM after Halloween and got lots of candy on clearance too. And yes, I was yelling at you for not posting picture when I saw pics of you on Facebook on your roommates accounts! Thanks for thinking of your mother!

    ReplyDelete