Saturday, October 19, 2013

Update

Last Saturday was my first volleyball tournament.  It was just a round robin.  We played each team (there are six including us) twice.  We finished the day at 7:3 and the three we lost we best them by more than they beat us (a lot more).  Then Mack, Nic, Kyle and I went on a group date later in the day.  I asked my friend Karol from my English class and we went a friends.  Nic couldn't get somebody (everyone he asked already had a boyfriend) and so I asked Katie if she would go on a blind date with him.  We themed our date and the theme was gangster/white trash.  We started off the date at Deseret Industries and we had to pick out an outfit for our date (under $5).  That was fun and we had some cool outfits.  For some reason the girls thought that tie die was white trash because the other three guys all had tie die.  We then went to dinner at KFC which is pretty white trashy... then we went to Wal-Mart to play the cart game.  Each couple filled up a cart with 20 items from around the store, then we switched carts and the first couple to put everything back won.  That was the end of our date, but not the end of my night.  Nic found out that there was a social dance going on when we got back from the date.  Nic and Mack convinced me and Kyle to go with them.  Earlier in the week we all went to Idaho Falls and bought power ranger shirts so we wore that to the dance.  We got a lot of attention because we all know that Mormons are geeks/nerds and everyone loved our shirts.  We went outside to cool off and we met a group.  One of the girls loved our shirts and said that she even had the pink one.  We continued talking to her and we found out that she watched Walking Dead.  Me and Nic watch it and we got Mack to watch it on Netflix.  She invited us to go and watch it with her, which was good because at the time we thought that it wouldn't be on the website so we would't be able to watch it.  So we went over there on Sunday, but it was awkward because there were a lot of people we didn't know and they were all Juniors and old people.  So found out that AMC.com puts the episode up the next day so I will be watching it on that instead of the girl's place.  Yesterday was my first volleyball game and we won.  It went to five games however.  We have 10 people on our team, and 5 of us are outside, so I don't get a lot of playing time.  I have fun however because the coaches are super fun and we talk a lot on the bench.  I got all my serves in (1) and I am at 100% for my hits (0) so I am proud about that :p

2 comments:

  1. The dates and dance sound super fun. Pictures would be nice...come on Tanner, you can do it...TAKE PICTURES!! Or steal them from someone who did!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete